Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Here I Sit...

I love our country and all for which it stands. I think there is something infinitely important about words like freedom, bravery and courage. I feel there is too much time concentrated on why one's lot in life is short sheeted and not enough time on making a difference. Respect is a lost art. Courtesy is something that is too often received with surprise and shock. The happiest sound in a day is listening to a dog's tails hit the ground. Acronyms and abbreviations have taken over the world...in fact, most people who use them in all likelihood do not know what an acronym or abbreviation is.

A couple thoughts for you...an athlete is never courageous or brave, unless he is saving someone from a fire, car accident or catastrophe of some sort. Next time you are treating a woman with disrespect, imaging someone doing the same to your mom. And never do it again. Stop and appreciate something everyday. And never hate the freedom and simple luxury received as a blessed citizen of the United States of America.

2 comments:

  1. ahoy fellow blogger! i love it. i love it when people comment on my blog, and i assume that this feeling is mutual amongst bloggers? anyway, wanted to comment, and welcome you the space in between!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate!! You are my first comment, no longer a virgin blogger. haha. I feel like I am standing on a mountain top. Thanks!!! Hope all is well and hope to see y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete